If you approach the home-buying process intelligently and with confidence, you are much more likely to buy a house you’ll be proud to call home.
Approaching the task of buying a home can be overwhelming; there’s so much to consider:
- How much house can I afford?
- How can I find the best loan?
- Where will I come up with a down payment, and how much will I need?
- Should I buy a new or resale home, and which will go up in value?
- Should I work with an agent or look at homes on my own?
These questions are just the beginning. Buying a home is one of the largest financial transactions in your lifetime—do your research so you know what you’re doing.
Here are the two most-important things to remember no matter where you are on the road to home ownership: